Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A-R-C-H-I-T-E-C-T-U-R-E!

The fifth grade students began a unit on landscape, as usual, I had the students do what we call a "baseline" which is a drawing prior to in depth instruction so I can get a read on the skill level and knowledge retention from previous years. I noticed that a large percentage of the students were focusing on architecture within their landscapes, so my initial lesson plan went out the window, and I made a new one(flying by the seat of my pants) about ARCHITECTURE! 

For a new baseline, students were asked to take the knowledge of a landscape and apply it to a cityscape... I was thrilled with the results and the creativity of my students!!! Stay tuned to see their final results as this project is just beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment