Friday, May 15, 2015

Amazon Adventures Ahead!

Kindergarten ventures to the amazon with the Magic Treehouse Series used for the Tools of the Mind Curriculum. In art we created amazing mixed media collages about the Amazon! We broke the project down into four days....
       Day 1: Amazon Environment 
             -I can teach Ms. Foy about the Amazon.  
             -I can create a collaged rainforest with  
              shapes.
          Day 2: Animal Drawing
            - I can teach Ms. Foy about Amazon    
              animals. 
            - I can use lines and shapes to represent an
              amazon animal. 
         Day 3: Animal Coloring
            - I can teach Ms. Foy about Amazon
              colors.
            - I can use color to represent amazon
            animals.
         Day 4: Collage Day
             - I can teach Ms. Foy about the Amazon. 
             - I can create a collage. 
 


   I always start kindergarten students off with a learning target of "I can teach Ms. Foy..." because it really gives them a feeling of ownership and leadership in the art room.  I start with a thumb down, and every fact a student shares my thumb moves up, once my thumb is all the way up (4-6 facts later) that means we have met the goal!!

Check out the AMAZING results from our project!  These pieces were created with construction paper, glue, tissue paper, colored pencil, pencil, and  playcolor sticks!



1 comment:

  1. This blog is great! I welcome to my blog. http://sgediary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete