Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Hmmm.... what am I teaching Pre-School today?

    It's getting to be the end of the year and I've found myself sitting and thinking "what the heck can I do with my youngest students to have some fun and get messy?"  Well, I usually end up staring at my shelves, and neatly labeled supplies.  I just find I start throwing things on the table and letting the students have some creative exploration. 
   To the left, is an image of my completed example, and the variety of supplies provided for students.  You can see it's the primary colors of paint, in addition to black and white, some foam letters/numbers, stamps, paintbrushes, and yes, starbucks frappachino lids. 
   I went over how to use the various supplies with students to do a semi printmaking/free create project.  It was remarkable to listen to the students discover new ways of using all of these supplies which I hadn't even thought of myself!
    Take a look at some of these awesome students in action, and check out their artwork!






1 comment:

  1. Thank you! Eva and Stella love art class!

    ReplyDelete