Wednesday, September 18, 2013

First Days of School! First Days of School!

 As I toss and turn anticipating the first day of school with my students, I cant fall asleep! And then...

"ONCE UPON A TIME A FEW MISTAKES AGO, I WAS IN YOUR SIGHTS, 
YOU GOT ME ALONE, YOU FOUND ME, YOU FOUND ME.....

NOOOOO, NOT THE SOUND OF MY ALARM CLOCK!! 
(and yes I admit, my alarm clock is "trouble" by Taylor Swift!) 

SNOOZE BUTTON, WHERE ARE YOU?! 

"CUZ I KNEW YOU WERE TROUBLE WHEN YOU WALKED IN, 
SHAME ON ME YEAH...TROUBLE TROUBLE TROUBLE...."

OKAY OKAY FINE, I'M UP! 


So, maybe my wake-up wasnt that dramatic but the minute my feet hit the floor, the excitement settled in... I get to see my students today!  Summer may only be roughly 8 weeks, but I feel like my students change SO much in such a short time!  Every morning I greet students as they walk into the building.  This builds a relationship with all my students and their families that I truly value.  So I bet you're all wondering what happens the first week of school in art right?


  Self-Portraits!
Shifting back into art usually starts with self-portraits in my room, we discuss the  different lines we know, the different shapes, and apply them to drawing a person.  This is a great activity because it's something we go over multiple times every year, so all students are comfortable and it's nothing new or intimidating for them.  Above you can see a student drawing himself, notice his attention to detail through drawing the sharks on his shirt that he is wearing that day(last year we really worked hard on creating more unique compositions through the addition of details!)

The rest, honestly, I can't put into words so take a look at some of the rockstar self-portraits below from across grade levels!

 



No comments:

Post a Comment